My Creative Outlet

Blog of my thoughts and feelings about my life in general and about my hobbies in specific.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Ordered Engagement Announcements

I bit the bullet and ordered some wedding things today. Now I can't keep changing my mind about everything. Something at least has been settled and completed.

I wanted to send engagement announcements out to everyone who will be invited to the wedding. Since it's going to be such a long time until the wedding, I want to go ahead and announce the engagement and not wait for the invitations to be sent. A newspaper announcement will not be enough (though I want to do that also) since a lot of my friends who are being invited do not live in the same city or even the same state. Besides, sending actual paper announcements to everyone will keep them from constantly asking me when we are going to be married and if we have set a date yet. The answer is "No, just a general time period. In the spring three years from now.” I know everyone means well, but damn if it doesn't get really annoying being constantly baggered about something you feel so unsure about to begin with.

So I ordered the Garden Wrap invitation from The American Wedding Album Stationery Company and to go along with the Medieval Garden Theme I choose the Linotext font (which looks kind of Medieval) and the lavender color wrap and purple lined envelopes to match the lavender/yellow/silver color scheme of the wedding. They seem like a very professional company (even sent me a free catalog) so we will see how the announcements will turn out.

I also ordered silver heart-shaped envelope seals with Jaime and Chris written in the center from Your Beautiful Beginnings. Hope those turn out OK too.

I'm kind of relieved I've actually finally accomplished something with the wedding plans. I'm still very nervous about the whole idea of marriage. Guess I just need more time to get use to the idea. I'm very glad I pushed for the long engagement though. I definitely need some time to adjust.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home