My Creative Outlet

Blog of my thoughts and feelings about my life in general and about my hobbies in specific.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Medieval Wedding Theme

We decided to go with a Medieval theme instead of a Victorian theme for the wedding so that we can incorporate dragons into the decorations and things. My fiance loves dragons and all things fantasy. I still want the colors to be lavender, yellow, and silver - so I know I'm going to have problems finding purple dragons :) . I'm thinking silver dragons might be more realistic to find, but since I'm going to make a lot of the things myself it shouldn't be too difficult to do.

I don't know how medieval we want the wedding to be - if we want some parts of it to be more traditional or to go all out with the medieval theme. I half wish I had thought about it before I ordered the announcements but I can always reorder them :). I don't want the wedding to seem silly but I definitely want it to be very uniquely ours. Maybe we can do a formal, traditional wording for the announcements and a medieval wording for the invitations, especially since people not going to the wedding might not understand the wording being so different.

Changing themes has kind of thrown me for a loop in a way, because I have all these ideas for the Victorian era which can not be incorporated into the wedding at all now. But I want to involve Chris as much as possible, and make this our wedding and not just mine. So we're going with medieval. It's hard to get him to discuss things with me. He'll either not pay me any attention at all and just agree with everything I say, or he'll act very involved and then when I bring it up again later, he won't remember discussing it with me. It's a little frustrating.

I'm reading The Smart Couple's Guide to the Wedding of Your Dreams by Judith Sherven and James Sniechowski and it has some good ideas for involving your partner in the wedding decisions. One such idea is to make dates to do wedding planning things together. This book is basically a wedding planner that helps couples create a wedding that is an expression of the their relationship together. It encourages you to use your creativity to make your wedding uniquely your own, to make the planning process fun, relaxing and stress-free.

I also found another idea on the net that a couple tried while planning their wedding - the bride-to-be put all of her ideas in a notebook and left it where the groom-to-be could look through it on his own time and add his own ideas. I definitely think this is worth trying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home