My Creative Outlet

Blog of my thoughts and feelings about my life in general and about my hobbies in specific.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Crochet Tops

I got two new crochet books about a week ago: Cool Crochet and So Simple Crochet.
Stopped playing my sims long enough to make a trial run of a cute little halter top (Natalie p.96 of Cool Crochet) over the weekend (8-11 to 8-13). Need to take pics. The beads along the bottom were a nice touch.
Trying the pattern now in Cherry Red Lion Brand Microspun (might be too thick) but my favorite yarn store was closed the only day I could manage to squeeze in my yarn shopping :) Going to see if I can buy some more DK yarn later if this turns out to be too thick.
Edit: Finally got around to finishing the red halter top. Looks great! Due to the thickness of the yarn, I ended up using a F hook instead of the E hook that the pattern called for the halter and edging, and substituted a G hook instead of the D hook for the lacy trim. (8-13 to 8-24)
Need to buy some larger red crystal beads in order to finish the trim.
Also have another idea for an original top I want to try. Finally worked it out in my head enough to draw it out. I think it will work now without too much tweaking. Might need to find a more "stretchy" stitch for it though. Not sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home