My Creative Outlet

Blog of my thoughts and feelings about my life in general and about my hobbies in specific.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Lake House

The Lake House with Keanu Reaves and Sandra Bullock is definitely a movie to watch if you like romantic movies. The storyline is loosely based on the short story "The Love Letters" by Jack Finney and it's a remake of the foreign film Siworae / Il Mare. This is not the only movie made on the idea of love spanning time. Others include Moments of Love, The Love Letter (based closely to Jack Finney's story), Frequency, and 'Somewhere In Time'. Finney's short story, which was also made into a movie (The Love Letter), is something I would enjoy reading and watching. I'll have to find a copy of it at some point.
Basically, the storyline of The Lake House is about two people who are living in the same house two years apart. They fall in love and are trying to find a way to meet. The only way they can communicate is by leaving each other letters in the mailbox of the Lake House. It's very touching and romantic. I loved it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home