My Creative Outlet

Blog of my thoughts and feelings about my life in general and about my hobbies in specific.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Da Vinci

I finally started reading The Da Vinci Code (Dan Brown). It's actually much better than I thought it would be. Wanted to finish reading it before I watch the movie. There's no hurry now though, since I decided to what until it comes out on dvd. I'm really enjoying it, but then I LOVE mysteries. There is so much controversy surrounding the book I wasn't sure if it was worth even bothering with, but my sister and mom read and enjoyed it, so... and I'm actually enjoying it more than I first thought. It is very well written - the characters are quite believable and personable. Without intending to the reader begins to feel for each character and wants each of them to find their way in life and of course to solve the mystery surrounding the Holy Grail.
The clues and puzzles involved in the storyline remind me of my childhood. My siblings and I were forever creating treasure hunts and mysteries for each other to solve. We would leave clues with codes and secret messages that when solved led to another clue and so on. It was the most fun. I wonder of Chris would solve one if I left a coded message for him? Maybe if I think of a simple on and just leave it for him to find. That would be fun to leave each other encoded messages especially since I already leave him little notes when he has to work alot. It sounds kind of corny but it was the most fun I had growing up. If I ever do have children I'm going to do what Sauniere did for his granddaughter, Sohpie, and leave clues for them to follow. It's fun as well as educational. Makes you think and look at things from different perspectives. But then I always wanted a "Cheaper by the Dozen" type of family. That's one of the reasons I want to learn Cherokee (besides the heritage factor). It would be neat to write in a language that no one else could read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home