My Creative Outlet

Blog of my thoughts and feelings about my life in general and about my hobbies in specific.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

thread scarf and poncho

I started a scarf to match the poncho I am currently crocheting out of Aunt Lydia's Classic Crochet thread color # 250 Mexican.
Scarf
The idea for the Poncho I got from a Faded Glory one that I bought at Walmart last year. I changed a few things but the basic form and the stitches are the same. The Scarf design was my own idea. Since I didn't add the yoke to the poncho as in the origial design, I wanted to have something extra to dress up the neckline of the poncho. And so the scarf was born :)
The scarf was easy enough. I finished it in 4 days worth of spare time. (May 22-25) I'm glad I finished it in time to wear Saturday to the Iris Festival. I would have liked to wear the poncho too but I don't think I'm going to make it in time. Oh well. The poncho is taking a little longer than I first thought it would. Mostly because I keep getting sidetracked by other crochet projects. And getting my camera didn't help with my spare time either :)
I have way too many crochet books full of patterns that I want to try. And still every time I go to a bookstore or craft store I always find at least one more that I just have to have. I'm never going to be able to actually find the time to make all the things I want to. But I'm going to keep on trying anyway :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home