My Creative Outlet

Blog of my thoughts and feelings about my life in general and about my hobbies in specific.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Iris Festival

Today was the Iris Festival at Swan Lake. We had a great time and I took loads of pictures.
All I bought was a cd to add to my collection of Native American music - "The Indian Soul: Quilla" - Richard Maldonado. I love native flute. It's so calming and relaxing to listen to. Besides it makes me feel closer to my roots. Exposure: f/7.1 at 1/320 second
I removed the color from this photo to emphasis the constrast between the black swan and the water fountain. I love how this one turned out. I wasn't sure since it was the first time I had tried to create a certain effect with moving water. The resulting image is very close to the what I was aiming for. A smaller aperature was used in order to focus the individual droplets of water creating a nice effect. Exposure: f/4.0 at 1/640 second
This shot was a complete accident. I was focusing on the bird beside this couple when he ran her off into the pond.Exposure: f/4.0 at 1/320 second
The parade consisted of quite a few horses. This was a particularly hyper creature who was quite spooked by all the people and noise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home