My Creative Outlet

Blog of my thoughts and feelings about my life in general and about my hobbies in specific.

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Children

The children are the best part about my job. They have such a fresh perspective on things that adults take for granted. It's so much fun to watch their reactions when they discover something new. One little girl is so cute; she entertains herself every week by trying to catch the light reflecting in the linoleum floor while her mother checks out her books.
I had someone ask me today "When's the baby due?". It just stung a bit since I know there is a good possibility that I can never have children and I do so want them. Evidentially when I told her that I was getting married she naturally assumed that was the reason why. Go figure. Not that I would get married simply because I was pregnant. In my opinion that is not a good reason to get married. Life and marriage is hard enough even when you do love the person you are spending your life with.
That was a little off topic :) The children's storytimes are about to start for the summer so we have a lot more babies and small children being brought to the library. One little boy, he's only a year old, loves the big stuffed Clifford in the children's department. The first thing he wants to do everytime he comes in is to see Clifford. If his mother goes anywhere else first, he screams until he gets a glimpse of Clifford, then he's ginning from ear to ear again. It's amazing how they remember things like that but he never forgets to visit Clifford.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home