My Creative Outlet

Blog of my thoughts and feelings about my life in general and about my hobbies in specific.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

the secret supper

Lately, I've been reading The Secret Supper by Javier Sierra . It's set during the time period of Leonardo da Vinci. If you enjoy historical fiction and mysteries you should really check it out. It's a great book. I'm only about a third of the way through but I can barely stand to put the book down :) The book is full of puzzles the characters are trying to solve as well as a murder of the Don's wife that they are trying to solve.
The writing style is different than most modern books since the story is told by an Inquisitor of the Roman Church and therefore is written using a higher vocabulary in order to reflect the time period. In spite this the words flow together and make the book easy reading. I'm really enjoying it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home