My Creative Outlet

Blog of my thoughts and feelings about my life in general and about my hobbies in specific.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

March Projects Completed


Ok... Finished the Bernat Sweater. Absolutely love how it turned out! It's so soft and feminine. I used a hook size larger than I should have because the yarn was just too aggravating to crochet with a smaller size. Kept snagging and separating, so the stitching ended up being much looser than the pattern was supposed to be. But I think it was an improvement since the sweater ended up being so soft. The pattern I used can be found here - Flirty Top. I even had enough leftover yarn to make a little matching purse! I still need to sew in the lining before posting a pic of the purse, but it is absolutely adorable.

Also completed an Abydos Vest from the book I just purchased called "Amazing Crochet Lace".
I used the yarn called for in the pattern: Patons Brilliant Gold Glow and it turned out amazing. This was the first time I've crocheted with this yarn and I would have to say it was the coolest yarn I have ever worked with. It is just so soft and stretchy. Will take a pic of the finished sweater ASAP.

This is the the trial run of the same Abydos Vest pattern which I did in Caron Simply Soft. I think I might like this one even more than the Patons one :) Didn't want to mess up my nice Patons yarn if I needed to frog very much :). Didn't need to, but you never know. The patterns you think are going to be hard are sometimes the simplest to pick up on, and then the ones you think are going to be a breeze, you never end up figuring out. Oh well...

1 Comments:

Blogger Miva said...

Beautiful your sweter, thanks for the pattern.
Have nice day
Miva

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home