My Creative Outlet

Blog of my thoughts and feelings about my life in general and about my hobbies in specific.

Friday, April 27, 2007

Abydos Vest


Finally got around to taking a pic of the "Abydos Vest" I crocheted last month. Pattern was from "Amazing Crochet Lace" (there are some absolutely gorgeous patterns in this book!) and done in Patons Brilliant Yarn.

It was a little tighter than I would have liked but I really love this yarn. I'm in the process of crocheting a shrug from "Four Stunning Crochet Shrugs" in Patons Brilliant 'Sparkling Rose'. The yarn crochets fairly easily for how it's woven (not sure if thats the correct term for it). The way the fibers are wound makes it very elastic but doesn't make it too difficult to crochet with. The "Abydos Vest" was crocheted loosely using a H Hook and the "Sparkling Rose Shrug" is being crocheted a little tighter with a F Hook. Both ways work up very quickly and easily.

I tried to pick a small project for the few balls of the Patons Sparkling Rose my fiance gave me for Easter, but I miscalculated slightly ;) on how much I would need and now Hobby Lobby is out of stock of the sparkling rose at the moment and I need one more ball to finish the last sleeve on the shrug. It's driving me crazy being so close to finishing and not being able to wear it. It's so pretty... At least so far it is.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miva said...

Hola Isabel, Thanks so much for the nice comments, (las 2 nos llamamos Isabel), I like your blog i found a lot of beautiful things.
Have nice day and Happy Crocheting
Miva

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home